With summer here here what could be more fun than a party where the big, juicy watermelon is the star. The end results will wow your friends and family and only you have to know that it's really not that hard to make. Off to the beach!
1. Using an oblong seedless watermelon, cut a 1-inch slice off the bottom to provide a stable base.
2. Draw lines in a wave design with a sharp pencil or thin marker approximately one half of the way up and all the way around the watermelon. Then cut along the line.
3. Scoop out the flesh with an ice cream scoop or a large spoon, and reserve for salad.
4. To create a water scene, chill blue gelatin in a small plastic container to make a pool of "water" and place in the watermelon bowl. Fill in around the "water" with fruit salad cut into fun shapes and balls.
5. Arrange new, small beach-themed toys and small plastic dolls toward the edge of the watermelon bowl to make the beach scene. Garnish the sides with drink umbrellas and plastic palm tree swizzle sticks, and add gummy fish to the top of the salad and gelatin to complete the scene. Surf's up!