Spice up your life: ways to reuse leftover jars at home
We all have them: leftover jars from spaghetti sauce, mustard, jams. Sure, you can recycle them, but can't you use them for something?
Here's a list of ways you can use your leftover jars beyond the recycling bin:
- Tea lights: Place a small tea candle into a jar for a quick mood light.
- Spices: Fill a jar with your favorite seasoning or make your own.
- Arrangements: Pick flowers and have a cute arrangement near your bed.
- Keep herbs fresh: Fill halfway with water, put herbs in like you would a flower arrangement and put in fridge ... herbs will keep longer — I promise!
- Make dressing: Place the ingredients into a jar with a lid and shake, ready to go.
- Storage: Do a Martha Stewart and use jars to store buttons, nails, and any small bit. Just make sure you label things.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.