Volunteers offer free income tax preparation
The program is run by the IRA and AARP, but membership isn't required, and it's open to all ages
Free income tax preparation and electronic filing for low- or moderate-income taxpayers of any age is sponsored by AARP and the Internal Revenue Service through April 15. AARP membership is not required to take advantage of this service. All volunteers are members of the local communities.
Participants must bring a picture ID, Social Security Card, a 2008 tax return, and all other income and expense records that will be used in filing the tax return. Both spouses should be present for joint returns. Please remember to bring information on the stimulus payment you received. You must be at the site at least 45 minutes before closing.
Times and locations include:
- United Church of Christ, 1801 E. Jackson St., Medford. Walk-ins are welcome from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Medford Senior Center, 510 E. Main St., Medford, appointments only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- Former Lithia Dodge Building, East Fifth and Apple streets, Medford. Walk-ins from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday and noon to 4 p.m. Thursday; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday;
- Rogue Family Center, 3131 Avenue C, White City. Walk-ins 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesday through Thursday.
- Jacksonville library, 340 W. C St., Jacksonville. Walk-ins noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Phoenix library, 510 W. First St., Phoenix. Walk-ins from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday.
- Talent library, 101 Home St., Talent. Walk-ins from 1 to 5 p.m. Thursday.
- Ashland Pioneer Hall, 59 Winburn Way, Ashland. Walk-ins from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday and Friday, and 1 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
- Upper Rogue Community Center, 22465 Highway 62, Shady Cove. Walk-ins from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.