St. Mary's Fall 2011 Academic Awards
- Recognition of Academic Distinction: Honors with Special Distinction (awarded to students with a 4.0 to 4.0+): Emma Dauterman, Andrea Dow, Conor Keating, Adam Lohman, Christopher Martin, Will Patterson, Emma Pierotti, Grace Thieme, Samantha Weiland, Dylan Wu, Brooke Younker
- Honors with Distinction (awarded to students with a 3.9 through 3.99): Daniel Farrell, Rebecca Fuller Phillips, Lily Hawkins, Cody Holliday Samuel Hough, Nathan Hoyt, Lillian Martin, Duncan O'Boyle, Anne Oursler, Anna Savage, Penghui (Matt) Zheng,
- Honors (awarded to students with a 3.5 through 3.89): Emily Alvarez, Kade Benton, Mia Bianchi, Takota Boone, Kylee Burks, David Burt, Zhengyuan (Janny) Cao, Tristan Carmeci, Jade DeBoer, Michael Fthenakis, Michael Gambee, Madeline Gregg, Zhihao (David) Guan, Lilia Harrie, Theresa Danielle Lowman, Magali Ramirez, Sarah Ramsay, Rachel Raniele, Kelly Reis, Olivia Sanchez, Tracy Salgado, Michelle Seus, Kathryn Shammel, Jacob Smith, Zhiliang (Terry) Xie, Neng (Trista) Zhao
- Recognition of Academic Distinction: Jim Meyer
- Honors with Special Distinction (4.0 to 4.0+): McKenna Barnum, Mikenna Conway, Rayna Gasik, Hannah Graunke, Mia Harrie, Xin (Jason) Li, Rawlings Lyle, Amber Moore, Eileen Muller, Ryan Ross
- Honors with Distinction (3.9 through 3.99): Jentry Holthus, Jake Isola, Jacqueline Keating, Emily Pahl, Hongxiang (Brad) Qiu, Derek Reynolds, Hayley Tyus, Huiru (Evangeline) Yang, Andrew Young
- Honors (3.5 through 3.89): Angelina Allen, Glenn Alvarez, Cody Biesanz, Jacquelyn Brown, Mara Carini, Qifeng (Alex) Chen, Anna (Nina) Console, Alexandra DeBoer, Alexander Dibb, Shalana Lawrence, Daniel Leavens, Amelia Liberatore, Han (Doris) Liu, Hayley Magarian, Megan McGill, Patrick O' Sullivan, Tong( Tony) Ou, Ross Robino, Jacquelynn Rostel, Peter Schwartz, Daniel Seus, Chang Shu, Garrison (Gus) Simms, William Street, Emily Van Valkenburg, Qiming (Kenny) Wei, Yunmin (Cloudy) Wu
- Honors with Special Distinction (4.0 to 4.0+): Sarah Bennion, Kaiyan (Victor) Huo, Austin Igelman, Tate Jacobson, Clara Kerwin, Jiwoo Kim, Hanna Knudsen, Alexandra Lohman, Zhou (Eric) Lu, Walter Moczygemba, Peter Riehlman
- Honors with Distinction (3.9 through 3.99): Emma Anderson, Linnea Fong, Joon Su Han, Meghan McCandless, Alexi Provost Shean
- Honors (3.5 through 3.89): Shengkang (Billy) Chen, Garrett Coughlin, Charis Darnall, Kaylan Dugan, Conner Engle, Qifang (Snow) Guo, Allison Hass, Ashley Holton, Jiayi Hou, Ting (Teresa) Huang, Alexia Hulen, Yijia Li, Matthew Lipscomb, Baylie Nixon, Peri Parsons, Riley Parsons, Kristen Patterson, Elena Roberts, Jacob Robino, Katherine Seus, Jacob Sexton, Cassandra Shammel, Anna Thorndike, Ian Wayman, Ting (Tina) Xu
English Achievement Awards in Writing
There were 1,649 juniors nominated by their schools to participate in the 2011 program with 520 chosen for National Council of Teachers of English Achievement Awards in Writing
The winners are among the best student writers in the country; the writing samples were judged by college and high school English teachers and they were looking especially for writing that demonstrates effective and imaginative use of language to inform and move an audience.
There were five winners chosen from the state of Oregon, including Alexandra Lohman from St. Mary's.
AP Scholar status is granted to students who receive grades of 3 or higher on three or more AP exams.
This year, the College Board recognizes the following students as AP Scholars: Allegria Berg, Samantha Fry, Joon Su Han, Carlie Irvine, Hanna Knudsen, Walter Moczygemba, Alexander Ruppe, Clara Viale, Katie Wayman
AP Scholars with Honors
AP Scholar with Honor status is granted to students who receive an average grade of at least 3.25 on all AP exams taken, and grades of three or higher on four or more of these exams.
This year, the College Board recognizes the following students as AP Scholars with Honor: Emma Anderson, Nicholas Brooks, Cassandra Carothers, Jessica Clement, Tate Jacobson, Matthew Jorizzo, Alexandra Lohman, Zhou Lu, Ting Xu
AP Scholars with Distinction
AP Scholar with Distinction is granted to students who receive an average grade of at least 3.5 on all AP exams taken, and grades of 3 or higher on five or more of these exams.
This year, the College Board recognizes the following students as AP Scholars with Distinction: Austin Igelman, Clara Kerwin, Maren Killackey, Taewoo Kim, Nicole Martin, Lindsay McCreedy, Wiliam Oursler, Henry Stout, Alexander Vermie
National AP Scholars
National AP Scholar is granted to students in the United States who receive an average grade of at least 4 on all AP Exams taken, and grades of 4 or higher on eight or more of those exams. This year, the College Board recognizes the following students as National AP Scholars: Clara Kerwin, William Oursler, Alexander Vermie
National Merit Scholarship
- Semifinalist: The 2010 National Merit Program Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test served as an initial screen of program entrants. The nationwide pool of semifinalists, which represents less than one percent of U.S. high school seniors, is made up of the highest scoring entrants in each state. Semifinalists from St. Mary's are Austin Igelman, Tate Jacobson, Clara Kerwin, Alexandra Lohman and Walt Moczygemba.
- Commended Students: Of the 1.5 million juniors who took the 2010 Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test, commended students show exceptional academic promise, but scored slightly below those required for semifinalist standing. Commended students from St. Mary's are Emma Anderson, Meghan McCandless and Jacob Robino.
Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Ambassador
Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership Seminars are for outstanding sophomores. Their goals are to seek out, recognize and develop leadership potential; encourage and assist students in their quest for self-development and self-identification; introduce tomorrow's leaders to today's recognized leaders through informal give-and-take discussions on a variety of current and critical topics; and provide through this exposure to free enterprise and community service.
Last year, nearly 7,000 high schools selected their outstanding sophomore to attend a HOBY Leadership development seminar.
This year, St. Mary's has selected Duncan O'Boyle as its ambassador. Adam Lohman has been appointed alternate.
Carl Friedrich Gauss Mathematics Award
Award given to Ting Xu.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.