Free income tax preparation offered
AARP volunteers will offer free income tax preparation and electronic filing for low or moderate income taxpayers of all ages, Feb. 1 through April 17, according to a news release.
AARP and the Internal Revenue Service sponsor the service. Attendees do not have to be AARP members.
Those attending must bring valid photo identification, Social Security cards, 2010 tax return, W-2s, 1099s and all other records used in filing. Both spouses should be present for joint filing.
Each return will take at least 30 minutes to prepare, officials noted.
The help will be available at:
- The Grove, 1197 E. Main St., Ashland, 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mondays and Fridays; 1 to 4:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
- Ascension Lutheran Church, 2617 E. Barnett Road, Medford; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fridays, Feb. 1 through April 17.
- Medford Senior Center, 510 E. Main St., Medford; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays by appointment only. Those interested should call the Senior Center.
- Phoenix library, 510 W. First St., Phoenix; 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays
- Rogue Valley Mall, 1600 N. Riverside Ave., Medford, lower level near Macy's, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; noon to 4 p.m. Thursdays; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays.
- Rogue Family Center, 3131 Ave. C, White City, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Talent library, 101 Home St., Talent, 1 to 5 p.m. Thursdays.
- Upper Rogue Community Center, 22465 Highway 62, Shady Cove, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays.
(Correction: The hours for this service at Ascension Lutheran Church have been updated.)
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.