Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 60 restaurants in March. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 20 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Ashland Food & Friends meal site, Ashland;
- Big Town Hero, Central Point;
- Cinemark USA, White City;
- Dairy Queen, West Main Street, Medford;
- Debby's Diner, Medford;
- Duck In Deli, Medford;
- Evo's Coffee Lounge, Ashland;
- KFC, Central Point;
- KFC, East McAndrews Road, Medford;
- Mamma Mia Gelateria II, Medford;
- Purple Parrot, 11264 Highway 62, Eagle Point;
- Purple Parrot No. 5, East Pine Street, Central Point;
- Purple Parrot No. 9, South Central Avenue, Medford;
- R & D Sandwich Factory, Medford;
- Southern Oregon Ice Arena, Medford;
- Terra Dolce, Jacksonville;
- Togo's Great Sandwiches, Medford;
- Trophy Club, Medford;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford;
- Yogurt Hut, Medford.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, White City — 93;
- Black Bear Diner, Medford — 92;
- Bloomsbury Coffee House, Ashland — 84;
- Boomtown Saloon, Jacksonville — 99;
- Bunk's Deli, Talent — 99;
- Carl's Jr. No. 7191, East Stewart Avenue, Medford — 94;
- Coquina, Ashland — 99;
- Dairy Queen, Morrow Road, Medford — 89;
- Depot St. Burger & Malt Shop, Rogue River — 94;
- Extreme Fresh, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 96;
- Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus, Jacksonville — 94.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.