If the Mayans are correct, here is my bucket list. This is just for Southern Oregon. If the assignment was to include anywhere in the world, the list would be much longer! After having spent almost 40 years in Southern Oregon, you would think I would have already done these things!
1. Climb Mount McLoughlin.
2. Take a rafting trip from Galice to Agness.
3. Ride my bike around the Crater Lake Rim.
4. Participate in the annual bird count on top of Dutchman's Peak.
5. Spend one night in a haunted house (not alone!); there are a few in Jacksonville.
6. Ride the zip line.
7. Spend a night in a tree house.
8. Backpack into Azalea Lake.
9. Backpack the Pacific Crest Trail (all of Oregon).
10. Take a recreational vehicle on Highway 138 from Diamond Lake to Roseburg, stopping at every waterfall to take a picture, and to fish the Umpqua River.
11. Take a rafting trip from Cole Rivers Fish Hatchery to Shady Cove.
12. Take a tour of the valley in a motorized hang glider.
13. Go on a tree climbing excursion.
14. Go on a motorcycle run (Harley or Goldwing) to Crater Lake.
15. Take a balloon ride around the Rogue Valley.
16. Take a helicopter ride around the Rogue Valley.
17. Tour the Applegate Trail, by horse.
18. Be the one to discover the source of the "Wimer hum."
19. Have my book published (based on my traveling adventures around Oregon).
20. Drive from the upper reaches of Applegate Lake into Northern California, via Forest Service roads, to Highway 96.
21. Go sky diving.
22. Finally meet Bigfoot.
23. Bungee jump from highest bridge in Southern Oregon.
24. After winning the lottery, donate $500,000-plus to go toward building a brand new home for the Southern Oregon Humane Society.
OK, that is all I could come up with. This was fun!
— Mary E. Goode, 47, Medford