Jackson County health inspectors in March evaluated 60 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- G's Bento, Medford — 91;
- Gold Hill Pharmacy, Gold Hill — 99;
- The Great American Pizza Co., Ashland — 93;
- Hawaiian Hut, Central Point — 95;
- Hematology Oncology Associates Properties, Medford — 85;
- The Homestead Lounge, Rogue River — 96;
- Howiee's on Front, Medford — 94;
- Jack in the Box, South Pacific Highway, Medford — 94;
- Jack in the Box, White City — 96;
- Jack in the Box No. 7103, Barnett Road, Medford — 98;
- Jacksonville Food & Friends, Jacksonville — 81;
- Joe's La Burrita, Medford — 95;
- McDonald's, Central Point — 96;
- McGrath's Fish House, Medford — 89;
- Mucho Gusto Mexican Kitchen, Medford — 95;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point — 96;
- The Pita Pit, Ashland — 97;
- Pony Espresso, Jacksonville — 97;
- Puck's Donuts, Phoenix — 94;
- Rogue River Cafe, Medford — 95;
- Rogue River Valley University Club, Medford — 99;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, Medford — 84;
- Squeeze Inn Sandwich Shop, Medford — 96;
- Sunrise Cafe, Medford — 96;
- Subway, Shady Cove — 93;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 21610, North Delta Waters Road, Medford — 97;
- Taco Delite No. 2, Central Point — 98;
- Talent Cafe, Talent — 88;
- Tolo Tavern, Central Point — 90.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.