state soloists concert
Craterian performances will present the 11th annual "Stars on Stage: Celebrating State Soloists" concert at 7 p.m. Sunday, April 22, at the Craterian Ginger Rogers Theater, 23 S. Central Ave., Medford.
The free community concert will feature 20 Jackson County winners of the District 8 high school vocal and instrumental music competitions. For more information, call 541-779-3000 or visit www.craterian.org.
This year represents a record number of Jackson County winners, organizers say. Other students participating in the district contest were from Josephine, Klamath and Douglas counties.
The winners will continue on to the State Solo Contest April 28 at Lewis & Clark College, Portland.
Sunday's performance will include a variety of music, from soprano to timpani, from oboe to marimba, from violin to bassoon, and more.
Here's a list of the Jackson County winners:
- Sarah Klein, violin, North Medford.
- Alessanda Hollowell, clarinet, North Medford.
- Iris Young, soprano, Ashland.
- Alison Dresser, French horn, Ashland.
- Lauren Morgan, soprano, South Medford.
- Anna Hansen, viola, South Medford.
- Dellen Miller, baritone voice, South Medford.
- Lindsay Burns, marimba, Phoenix.
- Blaine Douglass, alto saxophone, South Medford.
- Joslyn Vargas, mezzo soprano, South Medford.
- Elana Cooper, violin, Ashland.
- Tristan Lee, bassoon, North Medford.
- Kibrya Kara, mezzo soprano, South Medford.
- Clara Haptonstall, clarinet, Ashland.
- Aiden Long, baritone voice, South Medford.
- Jonathan Curty, snare drum, Ashland.
- Paul Shubat, cello, Ashland.
- Taylor Pulsipher, soprano, South Medford.
The following were winners in two categories:
- Ian Wurfl, tympani and orchestral snare, Ashland.
- Gabe Young, oboe and alto saxophone, Ashland.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.