Jackson County health inspectors in April evaluated 89 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- El Arriero, Medford — 94;
- Extreme Juice Co., North Phoenix Road, Medford — 97;
- Fire and Ice Lounge, Medford — 92;
- First Christian Church, Medford — 98;
- Fish Lake Resort, Eagle Point — 95;
- Gatewoods Family Restaurant, Shady Cove — 95;
- Green Springs Inn, Ashland — 88;
- The Grotto, Talent — 87;
- Howard Prairie Resort, Ashland — 94;
- I Love Sushi, Medford — 89;
- Inti, Talent — 86;
- Jack's Full Moon Saloon, Phoenix — 90;
- Jack's Hideaway, Medford — 97;
- King Bo Inc., Medford — 87;
- Ling's, White City — 96;
- Little Caesars Pizza, White City — 99;
- Ma's, Central Point — 76;
- Main Event Sports Bar, Eagle Point — 81;
- Marie Callender's, Medford — 93;
- Martolli's Hand Tossed Pizza, Ashland — 96;
- McDonald's No. 4483, Biddle Road, Medford — 99;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 97;
- My Way Cafe, Jacksonville — 97;
- New Far East, Medford — 89;
- New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro, Talent — 94.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.