Jackson County health inspectors in May evaluated 114 restaurants. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 33 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, 825 E. Pine St., Central Point;
- Abby's Legendary Pizza (commissary), 835 E. Pine St., Central Point;
- Abby's Pizza Inn, South Riverside Avenue, Medford;
- Ali's Thai Kitchen, Medford;
- Arby's No. 8202, Medford;
- Big Town Hero, Ashland;
- Butte Falls Tavern, Butte Falls;
- Cupcake Creations, Medford;
- The Deli Downstairs, Ashland;
- Downtowne Coffeehouse, Talent;
- Duck Walk Coffee, Medford;
- Flamingo's, Highland Drive, Medford;
- Golden Girls Espresso, Ashland;
- Greenleaf Restaurant, Ashland;
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, Ashland;
- Lumpy's No. 2, Phoenix;
- Lunchbox Delivery, Medford;
- Moe's Deli, Medford;
- Rogue Valley Medical Center Espresso Bar, Medford;
- Rogue Valley Pretzel Maker, South Central Avenue, Medford;
- Roxy Ann Bakery, Medford;
- Roxy Ann Cafe, Medford;
- Roxy on Main, Medford;
- Sizzler Family Steak House, Medford;
- Starbucks Coffee Co. No. 443, Center Drive, Medford;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 14320, Crater Lake Highway, Medford;
- Subway, Southern Oregon University Stevenson Union, Ashland;
- Subway, Walmart, Eagle Point;
- Subway Sandwiches, Highway 62, Eagle Point;
- Table Rock Coffee Co., White City;
- Talent Food & Friends, Talent;
- The Wharf Fresh Seafood, Medford;
- Yotopia Yogurt, Medford.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.