Jackson County health inspectors in June evaluated 81 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Aloha Grill (sports park), Medford — 95;
- Aramark Jackson County Community Justice Transition Center, Phoenix — 93;
- Aramark Jackson County Jail, Medford — 99;
- Arthur's Snack Bar, Eagle Point — 96;
- Baci's Pizza & Pasta, Rogue River — 91;
- The Bad Ass Coffee Co., South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 90;
- Bangkok's Atchara, Talent — 95;
- Bella Union, Jacksonville — 93;
- Bonsai Teriyaki Sushi II, Ashland — 94;
- Brothers' Restaurant, Ashland — 99;
- Cafe 116, Ashland — 93;
- Cafe Dejeuner, Medford — 97;
- Cafe Namaste, Ashland — 98;
- Cafe Nom-Yen, Ashland — 93;
- Cedar Links Restaurant, Medford — 90;
- Chely's Mexican Grill, Central Point — 85;
- The Double R Pub, Rogue River — 95;
- Dragonfly Restaurant, Ashland — 86;
- Earth Dragon, Ashland — 86;
- El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine, Ashland — 85;
- The Gypsy, Medford — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.