Jackson County health inspectors in August evaluated 95 restaurants. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 33 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Purple Parrot, 10546 Highway 62, Eagle Point;
- Purple Parrot No. 11, West Main Street, Medford;
- Subway Sandwiches & Salads, Ashland Street, Ashland;
- Taco Bell No. 028003, Center Drive, Medford;
- Varsity Theatre, Ashland;
- Wendy's, North Pacific Highway, Medford;
- Woodville Video Inc., Rogue River.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- 62 Marketplace, Shady Cove — 88;
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, Eagle Point — 98;
- Antonio's, Eagle Point — 92;
- Apple Peddler Restaurant No. 4, White City — 94;
- Arthur's Restaurant, Eagle Point — 95;
- Beijing House, Medford — 99;
- Black Rock Coffee Bar, Medford — 98;
- Bohemian Club, Medford — 92;
- Branding Iron Tavern, Medford — 99;
- Burger King No. 7691, White City — 96;
- Burger King No. 9403, Ashland — 92;
- City Grinders, White City — 94;
- Cold Stone Creamery, Medford — 99;
- Deja Vu Bistro & Wine Bar, Jacksonville — 95;
- Del Taco, Medford — 93.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.