Jackson County health inspectors in August evaluated 95 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Prospect Pizza, Prospect — 98;
- Quiznos, Biddle Road, Medford — 99;
- Rack 'Em, Medford — 98;
- The Rocky-Tonk Grill & Saloon, Medford — 93;
- Rosario's Italian Restaurant, Medford — 95;
- Salvation Army Multiservice, Medford — 99;
- Senor Sam's, Central Point — 95;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 94;
- Shari's Restaurant, Medford —90;
- Shari's Restaurant, Central Point — 90;
- Si Casa Flores, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 95;
- Si Casa Flores, Phoenix — 97;
- Siam Cafe Thai Cuisine, Medford — 95;
- Smithfields, Ashland — 96;
- Sonic Drive-In, Central Point — 90;
- Spoons, Medford — 95;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 15399, Biddle Road, Medford — 90;
- Star Sushi 1, Ashland — 92;
- Taco Bell No. 028004, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 91;
- Talent Club Inc., Talent — 92;
- Villa Pizza Fresh Italian, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 95;
- Wiley's World Pasta Shoppe, Ashland — 85;
- Witham Truck Stop Restaurant, Medford — 98.
Inspectors subtract points for critical violations, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.