This list of resources is designed to help voters get informed for the Nov. 6, 2012, general election.
Sample ballot: Get a look at what Jackson County voters face.
Jackson County Voters' Pamphlet: Intended to inform and educate voters about local candidates and measures, this publication includes paid candidates' statements and measure arguments.
Oregon Voters' Pamphlet: The state publication includes instructions for marking a ballot, a complete list of federal and state candidates, as well as other information to assist in the voting process.
ORESTAR: This state database has information about candidates, measures and related campaign finance details. For financial information, search by candidates' names. When the statement of organization for a candidate's committee appears, click "Campaign Finance Activity" to see fundraising and spending items or click "Account Summary" for an overview.
Federal Election Commission: The Campaign Finance Disclosure Portal provides a single point of entry to national campaign finance data.
FactCheck.org: This nonpartisan, nonprofit voter advocacy organization aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics by monitoring the factual accuracy of what is said by major U.S. political players.
Register of Jackson County candidates: Find filings with contact information for county candidates.
City of Ashland candidate filing information: See paperwork filed by candidates for City of Ashland positions.
Voters must register by Oct. 16, 2012, to vote in the November general election. Regular ballots are mailed out Oct. 19.
Ballot drop boxes for the Nov. 6 election open on Monday, Oct. 29. Here is a list of official ballot drop sites:
• MEDFORD: Jackson County Elections, 1101 W. Main St., Suite 201. Curbside ballot drop box (left lane on West Main Street) open 24 hours daily until 8 p.m. Nov. 6.
• ASHLAND: Ashland library, 410 Siskiyou Blvd. Curbside ballot drop box open 24 hours daily until 8 p.m. on election day by book drop in alley off Gresham Street.
• CENTRAL POINT: Central Point Branch Library, 116 S. Third St. Walk-up ballot drop box open 24 hours daily until 8 p.m. on election day.
• EAGLE POINT: Eagle Point Branch Library, 239 W. Main St. Walk-up ballot drop box open 24 hours daily until 8 p.m. on election day.
• ROGUE RIVER: Rogue River City Hall, 133 Broadway St. Open 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and until 8 p.m. on election day.