Medford WCL team adds five players
Team announces ticket pricing for '13 season as well
The West Coast League's Medford team on Monday announced the addition of five players to the team's roster and outlined ticket pricing for the 2013 season.
The new players, who bring the number of roster commitments to 26, are:
- Joe Chavez, second base/shortstop, UC Riverside, sophomore. He hit .250 in limited action for the Highlanders in 2012 and projects to have a more extensive role in the middle infield for the 2013 season.
- Taylor Dunn, right-handed pitcher, George Fox University, junior. He went 3-2 with a 3.17 ERA in 11 starts for the Bruins last season, striking out 41 and walking 17 in 65 1/3 innings.
- Conner George, infielder, University of Hawaii, junior. He hit .263 in 43 games with Klamath Falls of the WCL in 2012, with 15 RBIs and four stolen bases. He hit .167 in 30 at-bats with Hawaii in 2012.
- Cash McGuire, second base/ shortstop, Seattle University, freshman. He helped lead Kentwood High to two Washington state championships and two other state appearances.
- Spencer Smith, outfielder/right-handed pitcher, Lane CC, sophomore. Smith hit .291 in 39 games and 148 at-bats with Lane in 2012.
Tickets are on sale, ranging in price for individual games from $6 to $11 and in season-ticket packages from $189 to $289.
Assorted other packages are also available.
For information or to purchase tickets, call 541-973-2883 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The team expects to announce the 2013 schedule, as well as the winners of the "Name the Team" contest, presented by the Mail Tribune, in the next two weeks.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.