Editor's Note: A new inspection-scoring system for food facilities went into effect in September after the state of Oregon adopted the 2009 Food and Drug Administration Food Code. Jackson County health inspectors still use the same criteria for evaluating restaurants, focusing on measures that prevent foodborne illness and subtracting points for violations. However, low-priority items — while noted — no longer count against a restaurant's overall score, effectively increasing the likelihood that an establishment can log a perfect score.
Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 143 restaurants in October. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 71 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, 825 E. Pine St., Central Point;
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, South Riverside Avenue, Medford;
- Angus Bowmer Theatre, Ashland;
- Animal House Coffee, White City;
- Bambu, Medford;
- The Beanery, Ashland;
- Bento Phoenix, Phoenix;
- Bunk's Deli, Talent;
- Cafe Bella Mondo, Medford;
- Carl's Jr. No. 7191, East Stewart Avenue, Medford;
- Cinemark USA, White City;
- Coquina, Ashland;
- Curbside Grill Express, Jacksonville;
- D's Cookin' Tonight, Medford;
- Dairy Queen, Morrow Road and West Main Street, Medford;
- Downtown Grounds, Medford;
- Duck in Deli, Medford;
- The Elizabethan Theatre, Ashland;
- Eve's Garden Cafe and Tea, Applegate;
- Evo's Coffee Lounge, Ashland;
- First Christian Church, Medford;
- First Presbyterian Church, Ashland;
- G's Bento, Medford;
- Gold Hill Pharmacy, Gold Hill;
- Grass Shack Cafe, Phoenix;
- Green Springs Inn, Ashland;
- Honey Baked Ham Co. & Cafe, Medford;
- Howiee's on Front, Medford;
- Jack in the Box, White City.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.