Editor's Note: A new inspection-scoring system for food facilities went into effect in September after the state of Oregon adopted the 2009 Food and Drug Administration Food Code. Jackson County health inspectors still use the same criteria for evaluating restaurants, focusing on measures that prevent foodborne illness and subtracting points for violations. However, low-priority items — while noted — no longer count against a restaurant's overall score, effectively increasing the likelihood that an establishment can log a perfect score.
Jackson County health inspectors in October evaluated 143 restaurants. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 71 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune. The following received perfect scores of 100:
- Julek's, Talent;
- KFC, Central Point; East McAndrews Road and Barnett Road, Medford;
- La Burrita, Medford;
- Little Caesars Pizza, White City;
- Mamma Mia Gelateria II, Medford;
- McDonald's No. 14537, Crater Lake Highway, Medford;
- McGrath's Fish House, Medford;
- Mr. Smith's, Medford;
- Mucho Gusto Mexican Kitchen, Medford;
- New Chan's Palace, Eagle Point;
- Noble Coffee, East Main Street, Ashland;
- Northwest Coffee & Tea Co., Medford;
- The Office, Medford;
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Ashland;
- Pasta Piatti, Ashland;
- The Pita Pit, Ashland;
- Puck's Donuts, Phoenix;
- Punky's Diner and Pies, Medford;
- Purple Parrot, 11264 Highway 62, Eagle Point;
- Red Lobster No. 576, Medford;
- Rogue River Valley University Club, Medford;
- Southern Oregon Speedway, White City;
- The Station, Rogue River;
- Subway, Delta Waters Road and Rossanley Drive, Medford; and White City;
- Taco Bell No. 1683, Ashland;
- Taco Delite No. 2, Central Point;
- Terra Dolce, Jacksonville;
- Thai House Restaurant, Jacksonville;
- Togo's Great Sandwiches, Medford.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.