Jackson County health inspectors in October evaluated 143 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune. The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Quiznos No. 2, East Stewart Avenue, Medford — 95;
- R&D Sandwich Factory, Medford — 95;
- Red Robin, Medford — 95;
- Richard's Donuts & Pastries, Medford — 95;
- Rogue Regency Inn, Medford — 87;
- Rogue River Cafe, Medford — 95;
- Samoan Joe's Island Food, Medford — 89;
- Sansei, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 90;
- Si Casa Flores, East Barnett Road, Medford — 97;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, Medford — 92;
- Southern Oregon Ice Arena, Medford — 90;
- Squeeze Inn Sandwich Shop, Medford — 95;
- Star Sushi 2, Medford — 87;
- Subway, Shady Cove — 95;
- Sunrise Cafe, Medford — 95;
- Superior Fitness, Eagle Point — 97;
- Talent Cafe, Talent — 95;
- Tarasco Mexican Restaurant, Rogue River — 95;
- Thai Pepper, Ashland — 90;
- Tolo Tavern, Central Point — 92;
- Trophy Club, Medford — 92;
- Umi Sushi 1, Jacksonville — 95;
- Upper Rogue Community Center, Shady Cove — 95;
- The Vinyl Club, Ashland — 92;
- Wasabi Japanese Restaurant, Medford — 90;
- Zach's Deli & Catering Co., Medford — 97;
- Zen Zen Sushi Teriyaki, Central Point — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.