Lighting the way for the holidays
Ashland's Plaza and East Main Street glow with lights and frills to ring in the holiday season.Photo by Jamie Lusch
See homes, streets and landscapes bedecked with holiday lights at these locations listed on the Mail Tribune's interactive map. Add your own holiday display at www.mailtribune.com/holidaylights.
- Greystone Court, Medford: This block of large homes is known for its annual display of lights, most of them white. An ACCESS food drive is scheduled from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday through Monday, Dec. 21-24. Visitors are encouraged to bring nonperishable food items and cash donations for ACCESS to help feed hungry people in Jackson County. Santa Claus will hand out candy canes to children each night.
- 2127 Jackson St., Medford: Ron Bartlett's annual display includes a Santa, penguins and other holiday characters that move and sing at the push of a button.
- 3537 Cherry Lane, Medford: This court with large homes always has a great holiday light display. At least one is computerized with thousands of lights set to music.
- Kerrisdale Ridge Drive, Medford: The neighborhood is transformed into Candy Cane Lane with more than 35 homes all decorated with red and white lights and lots of candy canes. Along the street, 85 trees and lightposts have been wrapped in red and white and topped with a big red bow to resemble candy canes. A food and toy drive benefitting St. Vincent de Paul and Toys for Tots will be from 6 to 9 p.m. nightly from Friday, Dec. 14, through Sunday, Dec. 23.
- 1122 Spring St., Medford: Horton Plaza is a three-story retirement facility with white icicle lights on all three floors, as well as the balconies. There are approximately 15,000-20,000 lights on the building, as well as lights on all the bushes and shrubs on the grounds.
- Seckel Court, Medford: Each house individually decorated with a different scene. The younger couples on the court decorate for the seniors. There are more than 30,000 lights on 11 homes. Scenes include a train scene, horse and buggy to grandma's house and Santa on the roof.
- 1815 Bristol Drive, Medford: 50,000 lights illuminate more than 100 handmade elves engaged in various activities at this longtime Medford favorite.
- 1314 Center Drive, Medford: Tune into 94.7 FM and watch the Christmas light show on the roof of Harry & David Country Village.
- 2502 N. Keene Way Drive, Medford: This light show featuring inflatables, lights, trees and Santa can be seen from one end of road to the other. And Santa will visit every weekend until Christmas, handing out candy canes. His elves will collect nonperishables for ACCESS.
- 1384 Brook Court, Medford: 30,000 Christmas lights are synchronized to music. There are also inflatables and animated characters in this display.
- 113 Hemlock Drive, Medford: This dancing display is done to music at 92.7 FM. The homeowner was diagnosed with cancer over a year ago so look for the cancer ribbons. Donations can be made in his name to the Mill's Militia Relay for Life team at http://tinyurl.com/c8ggbwu.
- 2999 Hawaiian Ave., Medford: See 13,000 lights going along to music, along with inflatables and other Christmas decorations.
- 1150 S. Stage Road, Medford: 100,000 lights dance to an eclectic mix of popular holiday songs broadcast on 104.3 FM. Running from dusk to 10 p.m. nightly through Jan. 1. Santa will give out candy canes and dog treats from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 16-24, while accepting cash and supplies for the Jackson County Animal Shelter and the Griffin Creek Elementary School library. The animal shelter has a wish list on the Jackson County website, www.co.jackson.or.us/page.asp?navid=107 and the library would appreciate age-appropriate books for grades K-6. Organizers say 100 percent of all donations will go to recipients.
- 409 J St., Medford: This holiday home is completely decked out.
- 2627 Pioneer Road, Medford: There is a nativity scene in front, and lights are synchronized to favorite Christmas tunes.
- 1898 Fillmore Drive, Medford: Tons of lights, angels, Christmas trees and more brighten this address.
- 2430 Rockwood Court, Medford: Lots of lights decorate the front yard with animated animals, a Ferris wheel and other items, including a Santa and reindeer on the roof.
- 201 Samuel Lane Loop Road, Phoenix: Lots of cute inflatables and many colored lights are displayed.
- 4090 Colver Road, Phoenix: A growing Nutcracker tree and many handmade Christmas ornaments and displays can be seen here.
- 123 Ash St., Central Point: Lights and more are timed to music, so tune in to 95.3 FM and watch the show from your car.
- 1020 Brandon St., Central Point: Five different garden-scale trains run nightly amongst holiday light displays.
- 3737 Scenic Ave., Central Point: The house, barn, other outbuildings and even the fences are all lit up. Blow-up displays are visible in the pastures as you come up the road.
- 650 Beverly Way, Jacksonville: This animated Christmas light show uses a Light-O-Rama controller, a hand-built star, three multicolor Christmas trees and light rays. Music can be heard via FM transmission and outside speakers.
- 114 Eastside Road, Jacksonville: Friends and family say it's worth the drive to see all the light and lots of unique blow molds and many different scenes.
- 443 N. DeAnjou Ave., Eagle Point: The house is decorated with around 15,000 color-changing lights controlled by more than 250 channels of custom-built electronics for Christmas cheer. Come see the nativity and hear the music on 93.1 FM from your car.
- 1155 Greenmeadows Way, Ashland: A large blow-up of Santa, sleigh and reindeer and many other inflatables are on display. Light-up candy canes and lots of Christmas lights complete the scene.
- 801 Harmony Lane, Ashland: This display includes four inflatables including Santa and the Grinch, as well as light-up yard decorations and lots of Christmas lights.
- 399 Guthrie St., Ashland: More than 20 handmade wooden cutouts of penguins, polar bears, reindeer and more adorn this beautifully decorated yard. The cutouts are illuminated with spotlights at night, and the trees and bushes are decorated with Christmas lights.
- 511 Cypress Ave, Rogue River: This home at the top of the cul-de-sac features traditional, jazz and contemporary holiday music synchronized with thousands of lights. Tune to 94.1 FM. Show times are 5 to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and 5 to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.