Walden nominates five local students to U.S. military academies
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-Ore.) has announced the nomination of five students from Jackson County for acceptance to one of the prestigious United States service academies based on their academic performance, extracurricular involvement, and character.
- Jacqueline (Jackie) Becker, daughter of Dan & Patricia Becker of Eagle Point attending Eagle Point High School — United States Naval Academy
- Hale Gervais, daughter of Robert & Lynn Gervais of Medford attending North Medford High School — United States Air Force Academy
- Amy Krick, daughter of James & Sandra Krick of Medford attending North Medford High School — United States Naval Academy
- Reid Shipley, son of Gary and Wendy Shipley of Medford, attending North Medford High School — United States Air Force Academy
- Brenton Wileman, son of Jason and Lisa Wileman of Phoenix, attending Southern Oregon University — United States Air Force Academy
"Being nominated to one of our nation's service academies represents years of hard work and discipline," Walden said. "Competing with the best and brightest of America's youth for an appointment to a military academy is a tremendous opportunity and a great honor. I am confident that these talented students would represent their families and communities well in that effort, and I commend them for their desire to serve our country in uniform. It takes a special commitment to pursue the rigors of an academy education, and these young Americans are continuing a long line of patriotic Oregonians in their endeavor."
Final selection for admission to the service academies will be performed by officials at each respective academy.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.