Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 114 restaurants in November, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune. The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Lithia Springs Inn, Ashland — 92;
- Lucky's, Gold Hill — 95;
- Ma's, Central Point — 95;
- Main Event Sports Bar, Eagle Point — 90;
- Marie Callender's, Medford — 92;
- Medford Gospel Mission, Medford — 84;
- Miguel's Guadalajara Inc., Shady Cove — 95;
- Moe's Restaurant, Ashland — 89;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 79;
- New Far East, Medford — 92;
- Northwest Pizza & Pasta Co., Ashland — 97;
- Organic Natural Cafe, Medford — 92;
- Original Roadhouse Grill, Medford — 97;
- Panda Express No. 1702, Medford — 97;
- Parkside Cafe, Medford — 95;
- Pit Stop Tavern, Medford — 95;
- Pizza at the Cove, Shady Cove — 97;
- Red Zone Sports Bar N' Grill, Ashland — 95;
- Relax Sports Pub, Central Point — 92;
- Riverside Burgers, Medford — 97;
- Round Table Pizza, Medford — 92;
- Shy's Cafe & Lounge, Shady Cove — 92;
- Spicers Cafe & Espresso, Medford — 95;
- Thai Garden, Central Point — 95;
- Time Out, Medford — 97;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 95;
- Yogurt Hut, Rossanley Drive, Medford — 95;
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.