1. Which of these didn't hit a record level in 2012?
A. California gas prices
B. Consumer spending on Thanksgiving weekend
C. Dow Jones industrial average
D. The U.S. income gap between rich and poor
2. In February, major banks reached a $25 billion settlement with state and federal governments over what issue?
A. Excessive checking and savings account fees
B. Improper foreclosures
C. Credit card surcharges
D. Repayment of stimulus money
3. In May, Facebook went public at $38 a share. How low did it later fall?
4. Yahoo got a new CEO in July. Who was it?
A. Carly Fiorina
B. Meg Whitman
C. Carol Bartz
D. Marissa Mayer
5. What fast-food chain became the target of protests after its president spoke out in July against gay marriage?
B. Burger King
6. Which film earned the most at the U.S. box office?
A. "The Avengers"
B. "The Dark Knight Rises"
C. "The Hunger Games"
D. "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"
7. In August, Apple won a $1 billion award in a patent infringement case against what rival smartphone maker?
B. Research in Motion
8. Three of the nation's largest book publishers agreed to a settlement in September after being accused of conspiring with what technology company to fix e-book prices?
9. What movie studio announced in October a $4.05 billion deal to buy Lucasfilm, the home of the "Star Wars" franchise?
C. 20th Century Fox
D. Walt Disney
10. Drugstore company CVS became the subject of four government investigations amid allegations it was doing what?
A. Mislabeling products
B. Automatically refilling medications without patient consent
C. Overpricing painkillers
D. Selling Christmas merchandise in October
ANSWERS: 1. C; 2. B; 3. B; 4. D; 5. D; 6. A; 7. C; 8. D; 9. D; 10. C