|
|
|
MailTribune.com
  • Central Point home damaged by fire

  • Flames destroyed the back bedroom of a small house in the 400 block of Grand Avenue in Central Point this morning, but the home's residents got out safely.
    • email print
  • Flames destroyed the back bedroom of a small house in the 400 block of Grand Avenue in Central Point this morning, but the home's residents got out safely.
    The residents of 447 Grand Ave. called 911 and evacuated the home at 10:25 a.m., fire officials reported.
    Three fire engines from Jackson County Fire District No. 3 and one fire engine from Medford Fire-Rescue responded to the call. The first fire engine arrived within five minutes.
    No flames were visible from outside the small, one-story house when crews arrived, but they found a fire burning in one bedroom, fire officials said. The fire was contained to that room, but smoke permeated the home. Crews had to cut a hole in the roof to access the fire and get the smoke out.
    — Teresa Ristow
    More details will be posted as they become available.
Reader Reaction
      • calendar