Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 122 restaurants in December, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published, in weekly portions, in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- New China, Medford — 97;
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe, Medford — 86;
- Olive Garden No. 1592, Medford — 95;
- Omar's Inc., Ashland — 95;
- The Palms Cafe, Central Point — 90;
- Petro Stopping Centers, Medford — 95;
- Pizza Schmizza, Eagle Point — 92;
- Pomodori Ristorante, Medford — 95;
- Ramada Inn, Medford — 71;
- Red Lion Hotel Medford, Medford — 92;
- Restaurant el Kora, Medford — 95;
- Rogue River Bakery & Deli, Rogue River — 92;
- Rogue River Community Center, Rogue River — 95;
- Rogue River Cottage Cafe, Rogue River — 97;
- Rogue River Food & Friends, Rogue River — 87;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, Medford Center, Medford — 92;
- Shoji's, Medford — 97;
- Starbucks Coffee No. 14320, Crater Lake Highway, Medford — 97;
- Subway No. 21880, Jacksonville Highway, Medford — 95;
- Subway No. 21720, Phoenix — 97;
- Subway Sandwiches & Salad, Crater Lake Avenue, Medford — 95;
- Subway Sandwiches, Talent — 97;
- Taj Indian Cuisine, Ashland — 95;
- Taroko, Ashland — 92;
- The Trough, Eagle Point — 89;
- The Wharf Fresh Seafood, Medford — 95;
- The Wild Goose Cafe & Bar, Ashland — 92;
- Yellow Basket Restaurant, Central Point — 97.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.