Editor's Note: A new inspection-scoring system for food facilities went into effect in September after the state of Oregon adopted the 2009 Food and Drug Administration Food Code. Jackson County health inspectors still use the same criteria for evaluating restaurants, focusing on measures that prevent foodborne illness and subtracting points for violations.
However, low-priority items — while noted — no longer count against a restaurant's overall score, effectively increasing the likelihood that an establishment can log a perfect score.
Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 121 restaurants in January. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 61 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, Eagle Point;
- Anya's Thai Bistro, Ashland;
- AZ Catering & Event Planning, Talent;
- Barney's Better Burgers, Medford;
- Bear Creek Operations, Medford;
- Beijing House, Medford;
- Bento East, Ashland;
- Black Rock Coffee Bar, Medford;
- Bonsai Teriyaki Sushi II, Ashland;
- Box R Ranch, Ashland;
- Branding Iron Tavern, Medford;
- The Burger Cafe, Medford;
- Burger King, Ashland, South Riverside Avenue, Medford and White City;
- Cold Stone Creamery, Medford;
- Cookie Connection, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford;
- The Cupcake Daily, Talent;
- Deja Vu Bistro & Wine Bar, Jacksonville;
- Dutch Bros. Coffee, Stewart Avenue, Medford;
- Good Bean Coffee Cafe, Medford;
- Gourmet Lunchbox, Ashland;
- The Grilled Cheese Company, Medford;
- Habaneros, Medford;
- The Human Bean, White City;
- Jackson Creek Pizza Co., West Main Street, Medford;
- Jolie's Bento Central, Medford;
- Las Morenas, Medford;
- Little Caesars Pizza, Central Point and Medford;
- Longbranch Saloon, Gold Hill;
- Lumpy's No. 3, North Pacific Highway, Medford.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the Division of Environmental Public Health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.