Contact the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program for more information about volunteer opportunities. Call 541-857-7780 or email email@example.com.
1. The Jackson County Courthouse information booth seeks a volunteer for a Monday shift from 9 a.m. to noon. Volunteers answer phones and help visitors find the appropriate offices. Training and mileage reimbursement are provided.
2. The Rogue Valley International-Medford Airport information booth seeks volunteers to greet people, dispense information and help guide passengers. Various shifts are available and training is provided.
3. RSVP Respite Program seeks volunteers to provide family members a time of relief from the constant, everyday care of an elderly, infirm person. Volunteers give companionship to an infirm person and help with simple recreational activities or assist with a meal. Male volunteers are particularly needed at this time. Training and mileage reimbursement is provided.
4. Consumer Credit Counseling Service of Southern Oregon seeks a volunteer to provide independent monitoring to safeguard a client's financial situation. An AARP Money Management Program Bill Payer Monitor volunteer compares monthly reports from volunteers to a client's bank statement to make sure bills are paid correctly. Knowledge of household budgeting, accuracy in maintaining financial records, patience and tactfulness is needed. Training is required.
5. Heart & Hope Musical Ministries seeks volunteers interested in being involved with musical therapy at local elder care facilities. Volunteers are needed to help with musical set up, greetings and musical presentation. Various days and hours are available, and training is provided.