Editor's Note: A new inspection-scoring system for food facilities went into effect in September after the state of Oregon adopted the 2009 Food and Drug Administration Food Code. Jackson County health inspectors still use the same criteria for evaluating restaurants, focusing on measures that prevent foodborne illness and subtracting points for violations. However, low-priority items — while noted — no longer count against a restaurant's overall score, effectively increasing the likelihood that an establishment can log a perfect score.
Health inspectors evaluated 129 restaurants in February. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 76 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Mustard Seed Cafe, Jacksonville;
- Oak Tree Restaurant, Ashland;
- Old Farm House, Phoenix;
- Panda Garden, Ashland;
- Pasta Piatti, Ashland;
- Patti's Kitchen, Gold Hill;
- Pier 21, Medford;
- Pit Stop Espresso, Jacksonville;
- Pizza Hut No. 738201, Central Point;
- The Playwright, Ashland;
- Prospect Historic Hotel, Prospect;
- Prospect Pizza, Prospect;
- Puck's Donuts, Phoenix;
- Purple Parrot, Delta Waters Road, Highland Drive and Stewart and South Central avenues, Medford;
- Quiznos, Delta Waters Road and Stewart Avenue, Medford;
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate, Ashland;
- Rogue Valley Family Fun Center, Central Point;
- Rogue Valley Roasting Co., Ashland;
- Roxy Ann Lanes, Medford;
- Ruth & Sparky's Yogurt & Dessert Bistro, Medford;
- Smithfields, Ashland;
- Spoons, Medford;
- Star Sushi 1, Ashland;
- Starbucks Coffee, Siskiyou Boulevard, Ashland, and Rogue Valley Mall, Medford;
- Stone Ridge Golf Club, Eagle Point;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 12462, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford;
- Taco Bell, Center Drive, Medford, and White City;
- Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, East Jackson and West Main streets, Medford;
- Tee Time Cafe, Medford;
- Vinny's Italian Kitchen, Medford;
- Wetzel's Pretzels, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford;
- Woodville Video Inc., Rogue River.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.