Medford police are investigating the death of a 20-year-old woman who reportedly overdosed on prescriptions medications at a home on Kristen Drive.
Police and medical crews were called to the home, which sits just east of the Rogue Valley Manor, just after 8 a.m. and found the woman unconscious and not breathing, Medford police Lt. Mike Budreau said.
Paramedics were not able to revive the woman and she was pronounced dead at the scene, Budreau said.
The preliminary investigation suggests the woman overdosed on prescription pain medication.
A toxicology report is underway, which could take more than a week to return.
There is no evidence of foul play at this point. Detectives will continue to investigate the case, Budreau said.
The woman's name is being withheld until family members have been notified of her death, Budreau said.
According to the 2012 Jackson County Sheriff's Office Medical Examiner report, 26 people died in Jackson County in 2012 as a result of an accidental overdose. While the involved drugs varied, most of the cases involved pain medications.
— Chris Conrad