|
|
|
MailTribune.com
  • Central Point woman identified as victim in medication overdose

  • Police have identified a 20-year-old Central Point woman who died last week of a pain-medication overdose while watching her grandparents' home.
    • email print
      Comment
  • Police have identified a 20-year-old Central Point woman who died last week of a pain-medication overdose while watching her grandparents' home.
    No foul play is suspected in the death of Morgan Alexandra Tibbets, who lived in the 500 block of Mitchell Way in Central Point.
    Tibbets was pronounced dead April 5 at her grandparents' home after paramedics were not able to revive her.
    Tibbets reportedly took pain medications that were not prescribed to her before her death, Medford police Lt. Mike Budreau said.
    "Sometimes people think pills are safe, but if you take just one too many, it can cause death," Budreau said. "We see this a lot, unfortunately."
    Tibbets was house-sitting for her grandparents and was discovered by a friend who was staying the night.
    Budreau says that anyone with unused pain medications stored around their home should dispose of the pills at the prescription drop box located at the Medford Police Department at 411 W. Eighth St.
    According to the 2012 Jackson County Sheriff's Department medical examiner report, 26 people died in Jackson County in 2012 as a result of an accidental overdose. While the drugs in those cases varied, most of the incidents involved pain medications.
Reader Reaction

      calendar