Here comes the sun, and a sleek waistline and sculpted abdominals can make your new summer wardrobe look spectacular.
Do this workout on three or four nonconsecutive days per week. Of course, eating a healthful diet will be a huge help in getting the results you're looking for. So hang that new bikini on the closet door and use it as an incentive to sweat a little.
1. Start in plank position with forearms on the floor, feet hip-width apart. Keep abs tight so your body forms a straight line from head to toe.
2. Pike hips up higher than shoulders as you lift your right foot off the floor and tap it by your left.
3. Step right foot back to starting position and lower hips back to plank (don't allow them to sag below shoulders). That's one repetition. Repeat 20 times, alternating legs each time.
1. Stand with feet hip-width apart, hands clasped behind your head.
2. Lower into a squat.
3. As you stand up out of it, bend and lift the left knee across to the right shoulder and rotate torso so right shoulder moves in toward lifted knee (keeping elbows open to the sides as you twist).
4. Lower left foot down to starting position and repeat on the other side. That's one repetition. Repeat 20 times, changing legs each time.
1. Lie on your back with legs extended and together, toes pointed, arms in close by your sides.
2. Holding abs in tight, sit up, lifting legs off the ground and reaching arms toward your toes in a V position
3. Hold for one count and then slowly lower all the way back to the floor. That's one repetition. Do 20 reps. If you need to at first, bend the knees to make it easier.
1. Assume a pushup position with your arms straight and body in a straight line from head to ankles. Without changing posture of your lower back, raise right knee toward your chest.
2. Pause, return to starting position and repeat with the left leg. That's one repetition. Alternate until you've completed 10 reps.
1. Lie on your back with both knees bent in toward the chest, hands clasped behind your head.
2. Lift upper back and head off the floor and legs into a 90-degree angle, knees together, feet flexed.
3. Turn left shoulder to the right, opening elbows to the side and turning chest and torso to the right (pelvis should stay square and centered on the mat).
4. Hold the twist and then extend legs straight out over the mat as low as you can without arching your back (if you feel this in the lower back, don't extend legs as low).
5. Bend knees back in, holding the twist through the upper body. That's one repetition. Repeat 20 times on one side, 20 times on the other.