Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 104 restaurants in April. All but one passed their semiannual inspections, and 45 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published, in weekly portions, in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- 99 Cafe, Rogue River — 95;
- AFC Sushi @ SOU, Ashland — 95;
- America's Best Inn, Phoenix — 94;
- Animal House Coffee, Medford — 97;
- Artisan Bakery Cafe, Medford — 97;
- A'viands LLC (Library Coffee), Ashland — 95;
- A'viands, LLC (Stevenson Union), Ashland — 92;
- Barbwire Grill, Eagle Point — 90;
- Barnett Woods, Medford — 89;
- Cafe Bella Mondo, Medford — 97;
- Cascade Gorge Restaurant., Prospect — 92;
- Cicily's Pastaria & Grill, Medford — 92;
- Creekside Pizza Bistro, Ashland — 95;
- Cupcake Daily, Ashland — 97;
- Diner 62, Central Point — 95;
- Dolly Varden's Cafe, Inc., Medford — 90;
- El Arriero, Medford — 97;
- Extreme Juice Company, Medford — 95;
- Fiesta Market & Taqueria, Medford — 91;
- Good Bean Co., Jacksonville — 95;
- Greenleaf Restaurant, Ashland — 95;
- Hampton Inn, Medford — 97;
- Holiday Inn Express, Central Point — 95;
- Hometown Buffet No. 725, Medford — 95;
- Hong Kong 88 Restaurant, Medford — 95;
- I Love Sushi, Medford — 90;
- Jackson Creek Pizza Pub & Sub, Delta Waters Road, Medford — 95;
- Julek's, Talent — 97;
- Kaleidoscope Pizzeria & Pub, Medford — 95;
- King Bo Inc., Medford — 95
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.