Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 104 restaurants in April. All but one passed their semiannual inspections, and 45 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published, in weekly portions, in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Lava Sports LLC, Medford — 95;
- Main Event Sports Bar, Eagle Point — 92;
- Maple Street Cafe, Ashland — 95;
- Marie Callender's, Medford — 92;
- Medford Gospel Mission, Medford — 85;
- Moe's Restaurant, Ashland — 89
- Morrtons, Medford — 95;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, Medford — 89;
- New Far East, Medford — 94;
- Original Roadhouse Grill, Medford — 90;
- Paisans Pizzeria LLC Medford — 97;
- Parkside Cafe, Medford — 90;
- Pit Stop Tavern, Medford — 97;
- Portal Brewing Co., Medford — 97;
- Relax Sports Pub, Central Point — 82;
- Riverside Burgers, Medford — 95;
- Rodeway Inn, Medford — 94;
- Rogue Regency Inn, Medford — 90;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, Medford — 92;
- Springhill Suites Restaurant, Medford — 95;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 20833, North Phoenix Road, Medford — 86;
- Sunrise Cafe & Catering, Medford — 92;
- Time Out, Medford — 90;
- Triple Tree, Central Point — 94;
- Vinyl Club, Ashland — 97;
- Wendy's Old Fashioned, Medford — 95;
- Whiskey River Cafe & Lounge, Central Point — 97;
- Yuan Yuan Restaurant, Ashland — 80.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.