Hambone (Tyrone Wilson) tries to get away from Memphis (Terry Bellamy) as Holloway (Josiah Phillips) and Risa (Bakesta King) look on in Oregon Shakespeare Festival's production of August Wilson's "Two Trains Running."Photo courtesy of Jenny Graham
Lectures will be given by company artists and visiting scholars on Wednesdays and Fridays. On Thursdays, look for Preface Flus, 45-minute play introductions followed by 15-minute Q-and-A sessions. On Saturdays, there will be panel discussions, demonstrations and hands-on workshops for all ages. Park Talks with company members will be held Tuesdays and Sundays.
All lectures and Preface Plus introductions are held at noon in Carpenter Hall on the OSF campus. Tickets cost $10, $8 for ages 6 through 17 and may be purchased online at www.osfashland.org or at the box office. Park Talks are free and will be held at noon in the Bill Patton Garden.
Here is the lineup for June. Check back in a couple of weeks for a complete schedule.
- Tuesday, June 18 — Park Talk: Actors Brent Hinkley and Kate Mulligan
- Wednesday, June 19 — Lecture: "A Midsummer Night's Dream on Film: Max Reinhardt and Peter Hall," with David Riggs, professor emeritus at Stanford University
- Thursday, June 20 — Preface Plus: "Two Trains Running"
- Friday, June 21 — Lecture: "King Lear on Film: Grigori Kozintsev and Peter Brook," with David Riggs
- Saturday, June 22 — Lecture and demonstration: "Universes: Reshaping the American Musical," with moderator Miriam Laube
- Sunday, June 23 — Park Talk: Carpenter Elib Crist-Dwyer
- Tuesday, June 25 — Park Talk: Dramaturg Lydia G. Garcia
- Wednesday, June 26 — Lecture: "Battle of the Sexes: The Taming of the Shrew and The Tamed Tamer," with Daniel Pollack-Pelzner of Linfield College
- Thursday, June 27 — Preface Plus: "Two Trains Running"
- Friday, June 28 — Lecture: "Cymbeline: Shakespeare's Final Roman Play," with Virginia Mason Vaughan of Clark University
- Saturday, June 29 — Lecture and demonstration: "The Art of Costume Quick Change," with cutter, draper and wardrobe technician Dianna Lee
- Sunday, June 30 — Park Talk: Actor Ted Deasy
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.