Editor's Note: A new inspection-scoring system for food facilities went into effect in September after the state of Oregon adopted the 2009 Food and Drug Administration Food Code. Jackson County health inspectors still use the same criteria for evaluating restaurants, focusing on measures that prevent foodborne illness and subtracting points for violations. However, low-priority items — while noted — no longer count against a restaurant's overall score, effectively increasing the likelihood that an establishment can log a perfect score.
Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 82 restaurants in May. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 45 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Abby's Pizza Inn, Rogue River;
- Adam's Deli & Catering, Medford;
- Ali's Thai Kitchen, Medford;
- Ashland Springs Hotel, Ashland;
- Baci's Pizza & Pasta, Medford;
- The Bad Ass Coffee Co., South Riverside Avenue, Medford;
- Bateman Senior Meals, Medford;
- Beau Club, Ashland;
- Big Al's Drive-In, Ashland;
- Cucina Biazzi, Ashland;
- Cupcake Creations, Medford;
- Duck Walk Coffee, Medford;
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, Ashland;
- Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge, Medford;
- Giseppi's Pizzeria and Sports, Ashland;
- Gogi's Restaurant, Jacksonville;
- Golden Girls Espresso, Ashland;
- Inti, Talent;
- Jake's Wayback Burgers, Medford;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, White City;
- Koko's, Ashland;
- Las Palmas, Jacksonville;
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, Ashland;
- Loft American Brasserie & Bar, Ashland;
- Lumpy's No. 2, Phoenix;
- Martolli's Hand Tossed Pizza, Ashland;
- Ma's Restaurant, Shady Cove;
- Miguel's Guadalajara Inc., Shady Cove.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.