|
|
|
MailTribune.com
  • Trailer fire knocked down quickly

  • Fire crews made quick work of a fire that broke out in a trailer's bathroom outside Ashland today, also saving the resident's pet cat from harm.
    • email print
  • Fire crews made quick work of a fire that broke out in a trailer's bathroom outside Ashland today, also saving the resident's pet cat from harm.
    The structure fire was reported at 8:36 a.m. with smoke coming from a residence in the Bear Creek Mobile Home Park at 1 Corral Lane.
    Jackson County Fire District No. 5 and Ashland Fire & Rescue sent four engines and a water tender, as there was no hydrant access at the park. About 15 firefighters knocked down the small fire.
    "We were able to get here and knock it down pretty quickly," said Fire District No. 5 Chief Dan Marshall.
    Fire crews also rescued the pet cat from inside, then provided it with oxygen.
    "The cat's in good shape," Marshall said.
Reader Reaction
      • calendar