Editor's Note: A new inspection-scoring system for food facilities went into effect in September after the state of Oregon adopted the 2009 Food and Drug Administration Food Code. Jackson County health inspectors still use the same criteria for evaluating restaurants, focusing on measures that prevent foodborne illness and subtracting points for violations. However, low-priority items — while noted — no longer count against a restaurant's overall score, effectively increasing the likelihood that an establishment can log a perfect score.
Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 73 restaurants in June. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 44 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants were among those receiving perfect scores of 100:
- 38 Central, Medford;
- Agave, Ashland;
- Angelo's Pizza Parlor, Medford;
- Baci's Pizza & Pasta, Rogue River;
- Beasy's on the Creek, Ashland;
- Big Town Hero, Central Point;
- The Black Sheep, Ashland;
- Cafe Dejeuner, Medford;
- Cafe Namaste, Ashland;
- Central Point Senior Center, Central Point;
- The Deli Downstairs, Ashland;
- Fish Lake Resort, Eagle Point;
- Flappers Wild West Wings, Medford;
- Gypsy Blues Bar, Medford;
- Jackson Creek Pizza Co., East Main Street, Medford;
- Jimmy John's, Medford;
- Kobe Restaurant, Ashland;
- Kristen Lyon Personal Chef Service/JoyFull Yoga, Jacksonville;
- Louie's Bar & Grill, Ashland;
- Misoya Sushi & Teriyaki, Medford;
- Mountain Meadows, Ashland;
- Noble Coffee, Fourth Street, Ashland;
- Noble Coffee, East Main Street, Ashland;
- Oberon's, Ashland;
- Oregon Cabaret Theatre Inc., Ashland;
- Paddy Brannan's Irish Pub, Ashland.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.