Jackson County health inspectors in June evaluated 73 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Caldera Tap House, Water Street, Ashland — 94;
- The Double R Pub, Rogue River — 95;
- Dragonfly Restaurant, Ashland — 92;
- El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine, Ashland — 87;
- Go Kart Hero, Medford — 97;
- Kids Unlimited Community, Medford — 83;
- La Fiesta, Jacksonville — 95;
- Macaroni's Ristorante, Ashland — 97;
- New China, Medford — 95;
- Noho's Hawaiian Cafe, Medford — 95;
- The Palms Cafe, Central Point — 95;
- Petro Stopping Centers, Medford — 95;
- Pizza Schmizza, Eagle Point — 86;
- Qzeen Armenian Deli & Cafe, Medford — 92;
- Ramada Inn, Medford — 87;
- Red Lion Hotel Medford, Medford — 90;
- Restaurant el Kora, Medford — 90;
- Salame, Ashland — 92;
- Snack Shack, Eagle Point — 97;
- Tabu, Ashland — 97;
- Tasty Thai Restaurant, Medford — 95;
- The Trough, Eagle Point — 94;
- The Wharf Fresh Seafood, Medford — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.