Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 62 restaurants in July. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Mellelo Coffee Roasters, Lear Way, Medford — 92;
- Mountain Mike's Pizza, Medford — 95;
- New Tin Tin Buffet, Medford — 92;
- North Medford High School, Medford — 95;
- Outback Steakhouse, Medford — 95;
- Papa John's Pizza, West Main Street, Medford — 97;
- Peace of Pizza, Applegate — 95;
- Purple Parrot No. 34, East Barnett Road, Medford — 95;
- Rooster's, Medford — 95;
- Roy's Pioneer Club, Central Point — 95;
- Senor Sams, Central Point — 95;
- Shari's Restaurant, Medford — 86;
- Shiki, Medford — 89;
- Shinsei Sushi, Medford — 91;
- Soco's la Burrita, Phoenix — 84;
- Subway Sandwiches No. 15399, Biddle Road, Medford — 89;
- Texas Roadhouse, Medford — 87;
- Umi Sushi, Ashland — 91;
- Underwraps Cafe, Medford — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org andmailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.