Foundation donates to fight domestic violence
The Hearts & Vines Foundation is contributing $162,500 to youth and family programs that fight domestic violence through education, prevention and intervention.
Grants being awarded include:
- Community Works/Victim Services, $100,000. The money will go primarily to Dunn House, which provides temporary shelter and resources for victims of domestic violence.
- Family Nurturing Center, $15,000, for mental health therapy to children and parents.
- Domestic Violence Foundation, $15,000, to assist in efforts to provide housing to victims of domestic violence.
- Court Appointed Special Advocates of Jackson County, $12,500 to help abused and neglected foster children in court and the community.
- Project Dove, $10,000, to work with students to reduce the effects of living in a violent home.
- Children's Advocacy Center, $7,500, for mentoring and therapy services for youth reporting physical and sexual abuse.
The 21st annual Hearts & Vines Auction will be held on Aug. 16, 2014.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.