Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 95 restaurants in December. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 55 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Abby's Pizza Inn, Rogue River;
- Adam's Deli & Catering, Medford;
- Angelo's Pizza Parlor, Medford;
- Bateman Senior Meals, Medford;
- Beasy's on the Creek, Ashland;
- Big Town Hero, Central Point;
- The Black Sheep Pub & Restaurant, Ashland;
- Buffalo Wild Wings, Medford;
- Burger King No. 5164, South Riverside Avenue, Medford;
- C.G.R.T. Concessions, Medford;
- Caldera Tap House, Ashland;
- Carl's Jr. No. 8025, Eagle Point;
- Cascade Gorge Restaurant, Prospect;
- Cucina Biazzi, Ashland;
- El Paraiso Mexican Cuisine, Ashland;
- El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant, Ashland;
- Elements Tapas Bar & Lounge, Medford;
- Flappers Wild West Wings, Medford;
- Gogi's Restaurant, Jacksonville;
- Golden Girls Espresso, Ashland;
- Gypsy Blues Bar, Medford;
- Kobe Restaurant, Ashland;
- Koko's, Ashland;
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, White City.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.