|
|
|
MailTribune.com
  • No injuries reported in Talent fire

  • TALENT — A late Friday afternoon electrical fire in the kitchen of a second-floor apartment caused $30,000 in damage, but no injuries.
    • email print
  • TALENT — A late Friday afternoon electrical fire in the kitchen of a second-floor apartment caused $30,000 in damage, but no injuries.
    Two engines from Jackson County Fire District No. 5 and one from Ashland Fire & Rescue responded to the fire in the Anjou Apartments in the 100 block of North Pacific Highway.
    Fire District 5 Capt. Aaron Bustard said neighbors reported the fire at 3:50 and the first engine was on the scene within three minutes and able to knock down the flames with five minutes. Neighbors told firefighters a new family was moving in, but no one was home at the time.
    "There were conflicting reports, so we couldn't determine the exact cause," Bustard said. "But we do know that it was electrical."
    No other units were directly damaged by the flames, he said, but the unit below received some water damage.
Reader Reaction

      calendar