A barrel of events fills Beer Week
Medford's Beer Week kicks off Friday, June 6, and runs through Saturday, June 14
A marquee event will highlight each day of the fourth annual Beer Week in Medford.
Friday, June 6
Y The kick-off party starts at 5 p.m. at Walkabout Brewery, 921 Mason Way. Enjoy the brewery's new patio, barbecue delights and live music by country rock band Buckle Rash.
- Try the strawberry wheat beer called Peace Treaty from 4 to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing Co., 545 Rossanley Drive.
- Meet the brewers from Rusty Bucket Brewing from 5 to 8 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market, 1211 E. Jackson St.
- Beers from Good Life Brewing in Bend will be on tap from 5 to 8 p.m. at Beerworks, 323 E. Main St.
- Buy a pint of Pyramid Ale from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings, 1700 Delta Waters Road, and keep the pint glass.
- Portal Brewing Co., 100 E. Sixth St., will offer a beer-tasting class at 3 p.m.
- Rock out with Dragstrip Superstar at 9:30 p.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon, 333 E. Main St.
Saturday, June 7
Y Brews, Burgers and Bluegrass, one of the top events of Beer Week, will be held from noon to 8 p.m. at EdenVale Winery, 2310 Voorhies Road. There will be microbrews on tap, burgers made with meats from five regional ranchers and live music by five local bands. See www.mailtribune.com/tempo for information and tickets.
- Kegs and Eggs, with biscuit sandwiches from Buttercloud Bakery and Cafe, will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Beerworks.
- Bring your own plates, utensils and meat for the Char and Chug to be held from noon to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing Co. An open grill will be provided.
- Tasty bites will be paired with beer from Lost Coast Brewery from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Comedian Costaki Economopoulos will perform two shows, at 7 and 9 p.m., at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon. Call 541-973-2888 for tickets.
- A triathlon of one-armed pub and lawn games will start at noon at Walkabout Brewery. Why one-armed games? It keeps the other one free to hold a beer.
Sunday, June 8
Y A Battle of the Beards will be hosted from noon to 8 p.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon. Look for live music by Buckle Rash, The Legendary Goodtimes and Ernie Diggle & the Rattlers.
- Big Wheel racing competitions with prizes for winners, an open grill and raffles will be held from noon to 7 p.m. at Opposition Brewing Co. Races start at 3 p.m.
- Beer and cheese pairings will be available from 3 to 5 p.m. at Beerworks. Four pairings costs $6.
- Winners of a home-brewing contest will be announced at Portal Brewing Co.
- A brewers dinner will start at 6 p.m. at The Point Pub and Grill, 311 E. Pine St., Central Point. Chef Freddy and brewer Dylan Schatz of Mad River Brewing Co. will pair food courses with award-winning beers. Call 541-665-9015 or see www.thepointpubandgrill.com for reservations.
Monday, June 9
Y A list of rare and specialty beers will be on tap from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Grower King at Quality Market. Text the word "growler" to 20673 to see what selections will be tapped.
- Smoked meats with barbecue sauces made from Southern Oregon Brewing beers will be available from 5 to 9 p.m. at Centennial Golf Club, 1900 N. Phoenix Road.
- Beers from Opposition Brewing and food from Elements Tapas Bar will be paired from 6 to 10 p.m. at the restaurant, 101 E. Main St. Call 541-779-0135 for reservations.
- Giveaways and tastings will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Seasonal bratwurst will be paired with beers from Southern Oregon Brewing from 6 to 8 p.m. at Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus, 525 Bigham Knoll Drive, Jacksonville.
- Truffles from Sweet Stuff and beers will be paired at 7 p.m. at Portal Brewing Co.
- Geeks Who Drink Trivia Night from 8 to 10 p.m. at Bricktowne.
Tuesday, June 10
Y Food will be paired with beers from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- "Business over Beer, What's Your Pitch?" a beer clinic, will be from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at Elements. Call 515-450-7757 for reservations.
- The Heart of Darkness Dark Ale Trail is from 5 to 9 p.m., with stops at Bricktowne, Portal and Beerworks. Get your card stamped at each location and enter a drawing for prizes.
- Beers from Opposition Brewing will be on tap from 5 to 9 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market.
- Women Enjoying Beer and Fabric of Vision will co-host a mixer from 7 to 9 p.m. at Elements.
- Tacos and beer from Walkabout will be available from 5 to 7 p.m. at Mr. Smith's, 401 E. Jackson St.
- Ninkasi beers can be tasted from 6 to 8 p.m. at 4 Daughters, 126 W. Main St.
- Free line dancing starts at 7 p.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Samples from 10 Barrel Brewing Co. and a crawfish boil will be from 5 to 8 p.m. on the patio at Howiee's on Front, 16 N. Front St.
Wednesday, June 11
Y Beer from Lagunitas Brewing and food will be paired from 6 to 8 p.m. at 4 Daughters, 126 W. Main St.
- A cheese and beer pairing will be at 7 p.m. at Portal Brewing.
- It's ladies only from 5 to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing.
- Taste Ninkasi beers from 5 to 7 p.m. at Porters, 147 N. Front St.
- An open music jam will be from 8 to midnight at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Beers from 10 Barrel Brewing will be on tap from 5 to 9 p.m. at Beerworks.
- Giveaways and Deschutes Brewing samples from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Sliders paired with beers from Deschutes Brewery will be available from 11 a.m. to close at Mr. Smith's.
- Meet Ross Litton, owner of Walkabout Brewing, and enter to win a guided fishing trip on the Rogue River from 6 to 9 p.m. at Morrtons Sports Bar, 980 N. Phoenix Road. Live music will be by Ol' Mount'n Due.
- Live acoustic music by Mark Anthony Smith and Jordan T. Hassell will be presented at 6 p.m. at Bricktowne.
Thursday, June 12
Y Big Ass Throwdown with Widmer Brothers Brewing will be from 5 to 8 p.m. at Mr. Smith's. There will be a burger-eating challenge.
- Summertime beers will be paired with handmade pretzels from 3 to 6 p.m. at Buttercloud Bakery and Cafe, 310 Genessee St.
- A Ring the Bull Tournament will be from 4 to 9 p.m. at Opposition Brewing.
- Bean-bag contests and 10 Barrel Brewing will be available from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- A corn hole tournament starts at 7 p.m. at Howiee's on Front.
- Open mic with Christian Warren from 8 p.m. to midnight at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Beer Label Art Competition winners will be announced at 7 p.m. at Portal Brewing.
- Celebrate Southern Oregon Beer and Southern Oregon sports, and enter to win a guided fishing trip on the Rogue River, from 6 to 9 p.m. at Morrtons Sports Bar. Live music will be by the Qi Brothers.
- Trivia Night will be from 5 p.m. to close at Walkabout Brewing.
- Beers from Corvallis and Eugene will be on tap from 5 to 8 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market.
Friday, June 13
Y A kickball tournament will be from 4 p.m. to dusk at Frau Kemmling Schoolhaus Brewhaus, 525 Bigham Knoll Drive, Jacksonville.
- Sample beers from New Belgium Brewing from noon to 2 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Come to Opposition Brewing from 4 to 9 p.m. after the big games. Wear your uniforms and get discounts on pints.
- Buy a pint of Lagunitas Brewing from 6 to 8 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings and keep the glass.
- Chicken wings will be paired with beer from 10 Barrel Brewing all day at Mr. Smith's.
- Meet brewer Matt Licata of Fort George Brewing from 5 to 8 p.m. at Growler King at Quality Market.
- Try New Belguim beers from 5 p.m. to close at Beerworks.
- A dodge ball tournament will be held from 5:30 p.m. to dusk on Bartlett Street in downtown Medford. Look for DJ music and a beer garden.
- The Scott Perry Band will play at Rocky-Tonk Saloon at 9:30 p.m.
- A five-course beer dinner will be served from 6 to 8 p.m. at Howiee's on Front. Tickets cost $40 in advance and can be purchased at Howiee's. Call 541-773-5767.
- Beers and cheese will be paired from 7 to 9 p.m. at 4 Daughters.
Saturday, June 14
Y The 2014 Southern Oregon Craft Brew Festival will be held from noon to 8 p.m. in Medford's Old Town. Look for beers from 25 breweries, vendors and food booths. Tickets cost $14 and include a commemorative pint glass and five tasting tickets. Additional tickets are five for $5 or 12 for $10. Visitors must be 21 or older to attend. Find out more at www.socbrewfest.com.
- A bean bag contest will be from 6 to 9 p.m. at Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Free rides on a mechanical bull will be available from 9:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
- Get a burger with homemade potato salad paired with a microbrew all week long at Mr. Smith's.
- Pong matches will be open every night during Beer Week at The Rocky-Tonk Saloon.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.