Jackson County health inspectors in May evaluated 94 restaurants, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. Forty-nine received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
- Mix Sweet Shop, 57 N. Main St., Ashland — 95;
- Morical House Garden Inn, 668 N. Main St., Ashland — 94;
- Muchas Gracias Mexican Food, 1600 N. Riverside Ave., #2062, Medford — 94;
- Oh's Osaka, 123 S. Front St., Medford — 95;
- Organic Natural Cafe, 226 E. Main St., Medford — 85;
- Pasta Piatti, 358 E. Main St., Ashland — 95;
- Pho Sur, 4150 S. Pacific Hwy., Suite A, Medford — 86;
- Picnic Basket Delicatessen, 21873 Highway 62, Shady Cove — 97;
- Pony Espresso, 545 N. Fifth St., Jacksonville — 95;
- Salvation Army Multi-Service, 1065 Crews Road, Medford — 92;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, 959 Medford Center Drive, Medford — 97;
- Si Casa Tequilas, 42 N. Front St., Medford — 95;
- Silver Dragon Restaurant, 1011 Spring St., Medford — 95;
- Starbucks, 150 N. Bartlett, Suite 108, Medford — 95;
- Subway #2404, 397 Avery St., Ashland — 95;
- Sunrise Cafe, 130 E. Main St., Medford — 92;
- Umi Sushi 1, 100 E. California St., Jacksonville — 89;
- Willie's Tavern Inc., 14760 Highway 62, Eagle Point — 97;
- Yo Twist, 841 E. Pine St., Central Point — 97;
- Yogurt Hut, 67 Rossanley Drive, C-11, Medford — 97.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.