Jackson County health inspectors in October evaluated 143 restaurants. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 71 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- Ubhill One, Jackson County Fairgrounds, Central Point;
- Wendy's, Biddle Road, Rogue Valley Mall and South Riverside Avenue, Medford;
- Willie's Tavern, Eagle Point;
- Wimer Way Cafe, Rogue River;
- Yo Twist, Central Point;
- Yogurt Hut, Medford.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, White City — 95;
- Applebee's Grill & Bar, Medford — 95;
- Ashland Food & Friends Mealsite, Ashland — 95;
- A'viands, (Cascade dining), Southern Oregon University, Ashland — 95;
- A'viands (snack bar), Southern Oregon University, Ashland — 94;
- Backporch BBQ, Jacksonville — 95;
- Barbwire Grill, Eagle Point — 90;
- Black Bear Diner, Medford — 95;
- Bloomsbury Coffee House, Ashland — 92;
- Bonsai Teriyaki Sushi III, East Barnett Road, Medford — 94;
- Boomtown Saloon, Jacksonville — 95;
- Cadaly Coffee, Phoenix — 97;
- Cattlemen's, Rogue River — 92;
- CJ's Bistro, Ashland — 97;
- Dawn's Deli Down, Medford — 92;
- Debby's Diner, Medford — 95;
- Depot St. Burger & Malt Shop, Rogue River — 97;
- Eagle's Nest Saloon, Shady Cove — 91;
- Elmer's Restaurant, Medford — 95.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.