Editor's Note: A new inspection-scoring system for food facilities went into effect in September after the state of Oregon adopted the 2009 Food and Drug Administration Food Code. Jackson County health inspectors still use the same criteria for evaluating restaurants, focusing on measures that prevent foodborne illness and subtracting points for violations. However, low-priority items — while noted — no longer count against a restaurant's overall score, effectively increasing the likelihood that an establishment can log a perfect score.
Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 114 restaurants in November. All passed their semiannual inspections, and 50 received perfect scores of 100. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received perfect scores of 100:
- 2 Good Cooking Chicks, Medford;
- Abby's Legendary Pizza, Rogue River;
- Amuse, Ashland;
- Arbor House Restaurant, Talent;
- Arby's No. 8202, Medford;
- Big Town Hero, Ashland;
- Butte Falls Tavern, Butte Falls;
- CGRT Concessions, Medford;
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, Medford;
- Cones & Co., Prospect;
- Cupcake Creations, Medford;
- Dairy Queen, White City;
- Dolly Varden's Cafe Inc., Medford;
- Golden Phoenix, Phoenix;
- Greenleaf Restaurant, Ashland;
- Howard Prairie Resort, Ashland;
- Human Bean, South Pacific Highway, Medford;
- Jack's Hideaway, Medford;
- Leonardo & E&G Catering, The Expo (north kitchen), Central Point;
- Liquid Assets Wine Bar, Ashland;
- Loft American Brasserie & Bar, Ashland;
- The Maple Street Cafe, Ashland;
- Mihama Teriyaki Grill, Ashland;
- My Way Cafe, Jacksonville;
- New Sammy's Cowboy Bistro, Talent;
- O'Ryans Irish Pub, Ashland;
- The Pita Pit, Medford;
- Quail Point Golf Course, Medford;
- Rogue Regional Medical Center espresso bar, Medford;
- Rogue Valley Industrial Catering, Medford.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation if it violates the Community Rules. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.