Jackson County health inspectors evaluated 121 restaurants in January, all of which passed their semiannual inspections. All scores are published in weekly portions in the Mail Tribune.
The following restaurants received passing scores of 70 points or higher:
- Old Farm House, North Riverside Avenue, Medford — 95;
- Orange Julius, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 97;
- Outback Steakhouse, Medford — 97;
- Papa John's Pizza, West Main Street, Medford — 97;
- Pub Ink, Medford — 90;
- Quiznos, Biddle Road, Medford — 92;
- Rack 'Em, Medford — 97;
- The Rogue River Lodge, Trail — 90;
- Rooster's, Medford — 97;
- Roy's Pioneer Club, Central Point — 95;
- Sakura Japanese Sushi, Medford — 81;
- Senor Sam's Mexican Grill, South Riverside Avenue, Medford — 95;
- Senor Sams, Central Point — 87;
- Sesame Asian Kitchen, Ashland — 95;
- Shari's Restaurant, Central Point — 95;
- Shari's Restaurant, Medford — 89;
- Shiki, Medford — 88;
- Shinsei Sushi, Medford — 94;
- Si Casa Flores, Phoenix — 88;
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Medford — 90;
- Soco's la Burrita, Phoenix — 92;
- Sophia's Soup Factory, Medford — 95;
- Superior Athletic Club, Cardley Avenue, Medford — 92;
- Terry's, Medford — 87;
- Umi Sushi, Ashland — 83;
- Underwraps Cafe, Medford — 86;
- Villa Pizza Fresh Italian, Rogue Valley Mall, Medford — 95;
- The Zone Sports Grill, Medford — 97.
Inspectors subtract points for violations of "priority" and "priority foundation" items, which include: foods maintained at improper temperatures, improperly cooled or reheated; not properly protected from contamination, from unapproved origins, unsafe, adulterated or not honestly presented; not date-marked or discarded upon expiration; raw animal foods improperly cooked; presence of rodents or insects; inadequate personal hygiene; failure to clean and sanitize food equipment; lack of an approved water system; toxic chemicals or cleansers not properly stored, used or labeled.
Restaurant scores are posted at www.jacksoncounty.org and www.mailtribune.com/dining.
Inspection files are open to the public at the division of environmental public health, Jackson County Health and Human Services, 1005 E. Main St., Medford.
We reserve the right to remove any content at any time from this Community, including without limitation. Please check our Community Rules for more information. We ask that you report content that you in good faith believe violates the above rules by clicking the Flag link next to the offending comment or fill out this form. New comments are only accepted for two weeks from the date of publication.