Directions on how to fold an origami frog:
1. Place an index card white side up on a hard surface. Color.
2. Place color side down. Fold the paper in half lengthwise. Crease. Unfold.
3. Fold the top right corner down to meet the left edge. Crease. Unfold.
4. Fold the top of the paper down to where the creases made in Steps 2 and 3 end. Crease.
5. Holding the origami in your right hand, push the left side of the top folded edge down and in so that the fold tucks into the center. Flatten. Repeat with right side of the fold. A triangle will be created on top.
6. To create the frog’s front legs, turn up the top layer of the left side of the triangle. Crease well. The frog’s foot should extend beyond the origami just a bit. Repeat with the top layer of the right side of the triangle.
7. Fold the long edge on the left into the center line. Crease. Repeat with the right edge.
8. Fold the body of the frog down. Crease.
9. Turn the frog over.
10. Fold the bottom edge up so that the frog’s nose sticks out a little bit.
11. Draw eyes.
12. Stretch the frog’s legs out a little bit. The jumping frog is done.
Kids can make frog favors themselves