Rogue River

  • feed
Interactive map loading...
Search Traffic Clear Markers

Latest Rogue River News

About Rogue River

The city of Rogue River sprang up along in an area known as Tailholt — so dubbed because travelers crossed the Rogue River there by hanging on to their horses’ tails as the animals swam across the torrent. Davis "Coyote" Evans built a ferry there in 1851. The town sprang up when John Woods purchased land, built a home and small store, and opened the Woodville post office in February 1876. In 1912, Woodville’s name changed to Rogue River, presumably to get better advertising, "Oregon Geographic Names" reports.

City Hall:
133 Broadway St.
P.O. Box 1137,
Rogue River, Oregon 97537
Phone: 541-582-4401
Fax: 541-582-0937

Population:
2,090 (2009)

Community Links:

Calendar

Photo Galleries

See more staff photos HERE

COUPON OF THE WEEK


Ads by Google