Gold Hill

  • feed
Interactive map loading...
Search Traffic Clear Markers

Latest Gold Hill News

About Gold Hill

Gold Hill was named for an 1860 hilltop gold strike, but the first settlement and stage stop serving the miners was called Dardanelles, after the strait between Europe and Asia in Turkey, because of the way the Rogue River narrowed there. The Oregon and California Railroad bought land for a depot across the river from Dardanelles in December 1883 and the plat map for the town of Gold Hill was recorded at the Jackson County Courthouse in January 1884. A post office was established in June 1884.

City Hall:
420 Sixth Ave.,
P.O. Box 308,
Gold Hill, OR 97525
Phone: 541-855-1525
Fax: 541-855-4501

Population:
1,080 (2009)

Community Links:

Calendar

Photo Galleries

See more staff photos HERE

COUPON OF THE WEEK


Ads by Google